Your pet is a beloved friend and cherished member of your family. Sadly the time will come when you have to think about saying goodbye. Euthanasia requests are compassionately reviewed on an individual basis.
Please see your veterinarian to discuss your pet’s health, quality of life and options. You can ask your veterinarian some of the following questions:
- Is my pet suffering?
- What kind of treatment is available? What would the cost be?
- What might treatment accomplish? Can I expect a cure, alleviation of pain or prolonged life?
- What kind of care will I need to provide at home?
- How much longer can I expect my pet to live?
Ultimately the decision rests with you. Questions you might ask yourself:
- What is my pet’s quality of life?
- Is my pet comfortable and happy? With treatment, will its quality of life improve or worsen?
- How much longer can I reasonably expect my pet to live?”